Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Catching up to do...

7/7/09
Today I arrived at LAX after wading through considerable traffic. My grandma Goss dropped me off at the airport and said goodbye. I hoped nothing would go wrong with getting the violin on the plane. As soon as I walked in to Tom Bradley, I got really excited. Something about the huge departure board with all the exotic places. Anyway, Max, the kid who I am travelling with from Boise Idaho called and told me he had arrived too. I proceded to the LAN counter where they verified I was a passenger even before I waited in line and was informed that my backpack was overweight and that my violin might make it. Great. So I went through security and all was fine. Called a few people, and then was on the plane with Max, whom I had just met minutes before. Quite the adventure. The flight was 8 hrs to Lima, a stopover of about an hour, and then another couple of hours to Santiago. The food was, as expected, terrible. Weird omelettes and sandwiches. I did however get to watch Garden State and Fight Club, two down on my list of movies to see. We expected there to be only a few people on the flight from Lima, but were surprised when the plane was full again. So much for stretching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment